Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 22, 2018

A Mashup of Bike Rides in Alabama's Gulf Coast

Eric and I have been riding bikes nearly every day along Gulf State Park and Orange Beach bike trails.  Here are some of the highlights...





Oyster Shells in front of
in Orange Beach.




Eric & I fueled up with
cups of Gumbo.

Delicieux!








We are comfortable riding 
light traffic  












Eric pulls off the bike
lane at the Gulf State
Park sign.







A quick stop at the

I admire its sloping awning.





The pier is
that-away...



We park our bikes for a walk
on the Pier.

My derriere needed a bike
break.




Eric & I ride along the elevated
walkway across Route 182 as
we continue our ride in
Gulf State Park.




Eric & I appreciate this
 trail-side Bike Repair















We watch for Turtles along








A viewing platform has been
built just off the trail.





Everyone who rides this
trail stops to view the
Bald Eagle's nest.




Mom doesn't appear to
be home right now.








Military helicopters
cross the sky.







Pensacola Naval Air Station is 22 miles east of Gulf Shore State Park.





Just up the trail we 
look for Alligators
.






Lefty, the Alligator, lives here.  She got her name because her left front foot is missing.





Three of her year
old babies are
lounging on the
grass.





I really wish I had my Sony Cybershot Camera with me on this particular ride. 





Eric stops & focuses 
his binoculars.




The Osprey is returning
to her nest.










She's settled into
her nest.





The last leg of our ride
brings us home.

No comments: