Total Pageviews

Friday, March 30, 2018

Wildlife at Gulf Shore State Park in Gulf Shores, Alabama

While riding our bikes, Eric and I stop and admire Coastal Alabama's wildlife....





Campers see the Osprey in her nest
as they approach Gulf Shore State
Park's Campground entrance.




This Armadillo was digging
up insects & larvae at
our campsite. 










A Great Blue Heron at





Two year old Alligators
sunbathe near a small
inlet.







This Great Horned Owl
has taken over an
Osprey's nest.




This predator reminds me of
Goldilocks, except she
doesn't get scared off
by the owner.









This Turtle grazes trail side,
undisturbed by hikers, 
bikers & photographers.





Eric and I ride our bikes to the Bald Eagle's nest often, hoping to see these majestic birds.




I got photos of the nest on
our first visit.

It's massive.




I get a shot of an Eagle
on another visit.











Closer in, I see white feathers
on the its chest.






I think this is a Fledgling, a Bald Eagle that is old enough to have feathers and take short flights near the nest.




On another visit, Eric & I see
a Fledgling perched on one the
nest's supporting branches &
the one I saw the other day
in the nest.








A tiny green Lizard runs
along a bridge handrail
on one of the Park's





Pelicans perch on the Pier's
handrail, waiting for a
fisherman to toss guts
from a catch.





Eric and I look forward to finding wildlife as we hike and bike in Gulf Shore State Park.

No comments: