Total Pageviews

Friday, February 3, 2017

Key West: Day Two






Eric & I have tickets for
the Old Town Trolley
Tours Bus.






We boarded at the Gates Hotel, on the northern end of Key West, about 1.5 miles from Boyd's Campground.  Mike did a great job of narrating our drive into Southern Key West.






The Pier at C.B. Harvey





West Fort Martello is in
poor conidtion.

It was used for target
practice by Fort Zachary
Taylor in 1873.




The old fort is now the setting for the Key West Botanical Garden.






by Henry Flagler, the man who
built the railroad to Key West.






It is said that the Grand Opening Party for this hotel lasted eleven days.






The Southernmost House was
built by Judge Vining Harris
in 1897.





The La te da is the site of
fiery speeches given by
 Jose Marti, in 1891.




This Lighthouse replaced
the one destroyed
in the Hurricane of 1846.





Eric & me in front of




Eric & I stop at Kermit's 
Key Lime Shoppe
for a snack.













Eric selects a cigar at
Angel Garcia's Cigar
Stand.





A Pedi-Cab in search
of a fare.





I love the Strand's
facade.




Eric & I stop for a drink
at The Bull.

The Whistle Bar is on
the second floor.




is on the rooftop,

It's the only Clothing
Optional Bar on
Key West.








Now I know why the rooftop trees are necessary.... shade.






Eric & I visited President











Eric & me in front of
Statue at the Custom








It 's time to stop for a
drink at Irish Kevins
Bar.















Senor Frog's looks like a
fun place to eat a late
lunch.











I'll explain the aluminum
foil rabbit ears later.

I am having a close encounter
with a Parrot.





Speaking of birds...






Chickens share sidewalks
with visitors.







Escaped backyard chickens and fleeing roosters from illegal Cockfighting Rings created this fowl condition. Some love them.  Some hate them.





It's time to board an
Old Town Trolley to
ride back to the
Gates Hotel.










Day Two in Key West is coming to an end.  Eric and I decided that because Key West is so small that we will continue to bike into town.  The Old Town Trolley Tour was very nice, but the service wasn't necessary for us.

No comments: