Total Pageviews

Monday, April 18, 2016

Today's Drive... Southeast to Sevierville, Tennessee





Eric & I drive by fenced
in pastures as we drive
toward Lexington.





Decisions... decisions...

We will take Interstate 75
South toward Knoxville.






A motorcyclist is stopped
near the mileage sign...

159 miles to Knoxville






Many of the trees are bare, &
we are headed south.







I ask Eric what the elevation is here 950 feet above sea level.  The elevation in Frankfort is 509 feet above sea level.  Spring comes later in higher elevations.






Cumberland Gap National
Park & Pine Mountain
State Resort Park






Two more places for Eric and I to visit when we return to Kentucky.





Part of the mountain was
blasted to build this road.

The trees, in partial bloom
are beautiful.






TrailMini...  I must investigate
this camping trailer.




Eric likes it when he can see
sky between the trees on a
mountain.

He says the mountain has







Welcome to Tennessee.
 



A rare pic for me...

The on & the off ramps
at an exit




I see a veiled silhouette when
I look at this net covered
mountain, maybe a woman
in mourning.











Jersey barriers separate
the construction zone
from traffic.









The giant cross in 
La Follette




More decisions...

We will take Interstate 275
towards Knoxville.










Just 20 miles to
Sevierville






Happy Fishin'








We move over into the
middle lane to pass the
police car & truck.










City of Sevierville
water tower













An antique car is being
trailered.



















I take my time deciphering
the road signs at this corner.











Flap Jack's Pancake
Cabin

Sticky Bun Pancakes
Open Til 1 pm





We arrive at River Plantation
RV Resort for this year's
 SKP Acre RV Rally.















Eric & I settled in at 
Site 197 for the
Rally.


No comments: