Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Driving Along I 40 East to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma





A Tumbleweed rolled
into our motorhome.




Leaving Amarillo....





We fuel up for our
4.5 hour drive.





I learned that Kim Kardashian
has her own perfume.





Another cross country drive
on Interstate 40 East




A C-130 is coming in
for a landing.












These military aircraft are commonly seen arriving and departing from the Stratton Air National Guard Base in Glenville, New York, near our hometown of Rotterdam.  






A 19th Century Windmill &
21st Century Wind Turbines







It's windy today.  Eric and I watch tractor trailers weaving in their lanes.  Having just watched The Hunt for Red October, we call the wavering big rigs "Crazy Ivans."






This giant cross dominates
plains.





People visiting a replica
of Calvary.




The leaning Britten












Eric quips, "What do you expect in the one star state?"





Take Exit 7 to Erick
& Sweetwater.
We've entered Oklahoma and I missed I-40's state sign.  We will go to the Oklahoma Visitors Center to get a picture of a sign of Oklahoma.

 A selfie in front of the Oklahoma sign
is better than a drive-by shot.


Windy it is....  fifteen to twenty mile per hour winds with gusts to thirty-five miles per hour.  

I climb into the driver's seat to start my portion of today's drive.






Eric takes his turn
with the camera.












Eric reminded me that we
used to eat their products.











A farm house & barn sit
in front of rolling hills
with iron red dirt.






Our sixteen ton Winnebago motorhome holds its lane well in the wind.  I grip the steering wheel tightly as I drive across these open plains.






The hay bales have a greenish
hue because they are wrapped
in green mesh.












Cattle graze in the sun.








Clever marketing, using the
m as the letter e on this
 billboard.






I think that's a field
of Soybeans.











Yukon is the home of
Garth Brooks & the
Yukon Millers State
Champions.





eye catching sign.






The Oklahoma City
skyline





We are overnighting at the Bass Pro Shop 
in Oklahoma City.

Eric selected this spot from the OvernightRVParking.com database because I told him I wanted to spend a night at a Bass Pro Shop.  Thanks, sweetie!

No comments: