Total Pageviews

Friday, October 5, 2012

Refilling Prescriptions on the Road

Eric and I changed our prescriptions to Walmart's Pharmacy because they're everywhere.....  Just call the Walmart Pharmacy where the prescription originated, give that person the contact information on the Walmart Pharmacy where you are currently, wait a day or two and then pick up the prescription.







My first renewal of a prescription 
did not run smoothly. 






I started calling Pharmacies on Thursday, September 27.


 

 Levothroid is currently not available
 nation wide in many dosage levels. 



The information on this situation is buried in the June 11, 2012 article on Generics Impact Forest Labs Profits.  None of the people I spoke with at seven different Pharmacies in the Springfield Eugene Area or the secretaries at the Doctors Office mentioned the shortage of Levothroid across our country.  (I don't expect secretaries in a busy Doctors Office to have access to this type of information or to share it freely.)

I picked up my prescription for the generic of Levothroid on October 3. 

Unexpected Bonus:  a new way to misspell my first name:  Virgine.... The third i is missing.  I asked Linda, the nice lady at Rite Aid to correct the spelling of my name before I agreed to anything electronically...  I told Linda that my my name is like a Trademark.  I have to work to protect it or it is meaningless. 

Lessons learned:
Call Pharmacies as early as possible to find out about availability of the drug you regularly use.
IF a different prescription needs to be written, call the Doctor's Office as soon as possible because Doctors Offices are NOT fully functional on Saturdays and they are CLOSED on Sundays.
ALWAYS provide name, address, including zip code and direct phone number to the Pharmacy you've chosen to the Doctor's Office. 

No comments: