Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

On the Road Again: East to Ohio

Eric and I had a nice visit in Indianapolis.  The downtown area is very walkable and it's very photographic.  The architecture is wonderful!  Monument Circle is the pride of the city.  There are sky walks connecting hotels, malls and convention centers.

We are headed north to Grand Rapids and will follow Lake Erie across Ohio.  The lake side climate should be a little warmer than the middle of the state.




Gas prices are low in the Indianapolis area.    Because we are using the Flying J Credit Card and are Good Sam Lifetime Members, we get a discount on the price charged for tractor trailers and RVs.  It's interesting that the price for trucks and RVs is not displayed.... $4.09 per gallon.  We paid $4.01 per gallon.

Eric and I filled the water tank and dumped gray and black tanks before fueling up.  We also got LP, at a discount.   Water is free and there was a $5.00 charge to dump the tanks.


Because we are driving about five hours today, we decided to do laundry on the road.  Eric started the generator, I waited a few minutes and turned the Splendide Washer/Dryer on.  I am currently washing clothing of color, Adam.  Our son insists I call the wash clothing of color instead of colored clothes.  I emptied the washer/dryer when the dryer cycle started and hung laundry where I could.  The cabinet handles are handy.


 The Nestle Plant in Anderson, IN

 This pumpkin patch went on and on.  
We wonder ifit's a pumpkin pie patch.

I saw a very large bird while I was driving.  It turned and opened it's wings to float on the wind as it flew toward the motor home.  My God, it's a Bald Eagle!  I'm driving so I can't take a picture.  Sigh... What a majestic sight.!


 Back in Ohio

 
I like this bridge.


No comments: