Total Pageviews

Monday, October 22, 2012

A Quick Recap of Walk About With Wheels


We bought a 2004 Vectra Motorhome in July 2011 and had some work done on it at Alpin Haus over the winter. 

 




Eric and I talked about fulltiming 
in retirement for many years.








For the past five years Eric and I worked hard to clear out our home in Rotterdam, NY and make it ready for sale. 



Eagle 5.JPG




We bought a 2004 Winnebago Vectra
in July 2011.   Work was done on it
during the winter at Alpin Haus in
Amsterdam, NY.






211 Crawford Rd, Schenectady, NY 12306



The house went on the market
 in February 2012 and 
we closed on it in April.









So, we started fulltiming while working.  After two weeks in Eric's Mom's driveway, we settled in at Arrowhead Marina and RV Resort in early May.  Fellow RVers at Arrowhead joined us in our count down to retirement.  September 12, 2012 was our last day of work.  After saying goodbye to family and friends, we left for life on the road September 13. 

Eric and I shared the drive to Springfield Oregon to have solar panel system and upgraded batteries installed at AM Solar.  Since early October, we have been driving east to New Hampshire, visiting state capitols along the way...  Salem, OR, Salt Lake City, UT, Cheyenne, WY, Lincoln, NE, Des Moines, IA. 

Our first grandchild will be born next in late November and we are so excited!  I speak with our daughter, Diane, every week and things are progressing very well for her and the baby.  She and Damon are busy preparing our grandson's room.. 

After five weeks of retirement, I am pleased to report that Eric and I are very happy.  Eric gets plenty of time by himself, as I am a late riser.   Apparently, I get plenty of time by myself... sleeping.


No comments: