Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 3, 2019

The Vintage Trailer, Car & Truck Show @ McConchies in Galway: The Trucks






My tour of the Trucks starts
with a 1940 Willys Pickup.







There isn't much information on the internet about Willys Trucks before the development of Jeeps for military use.  




Next.... a 1941 Willys Truck.

This is the first time I've ever
seen two Willys Trucks at a
a Vintage Vehicle Show.



















The Chevy El Camino captured my imagination in the mid 1960s.  I thought it had a unique design, and I was wrong.  Ford was manufacturing the Ranchero in 1957, two years before Chevrolet rolled out the El Camino in 1959.





Listed as a 1952 Ford Delivery
 Truck, I believe that it's actually
 a modified 1952 Customline










The front end of a 1955
GM Pickup Truck.













Side & rear shot












1985 Chevy C10 Pickup





















Questions for Gear Heads:  Is this 1941 Ford Truck a Rat Rod?  The body is purposely unfinished, but the headlights and hub caps are shiny.  Is there another term for not done with
shiny parts?



















... & its side mounted tire

















Colonial Landscaping relied
on this tough truck for its
many jobs.







While writing this post I realized that there were a lot of red trucks at this show.

Lastly, the Vans....

No comments: