Total Pageviews

Monday, September 24, 2012

Nevada Into Oregon Part II

Every state is different.  We saw different shaped mountains and high plains.  





I was happy to start seeing pine trees.




More curves in the two lane roads in Oregon








 Interesting signs....











 Eric says signs are for stupid people









My experience on two lane roads in the Adirondacks earlier this summer proved to be VERY helpful during my second drive time today.  I drove along the edge of two mountains and slowed down to 30 miles per hour as I watched a tandem truck barreling toward the 35 mile per hour turn I was to make next.











The trucker and his load made it around the curve and passed me before I started on that curve.











 I was happy to see pine trees. 



















 Eric and I swapped off on our driving again and he brought us into Cascade Meadows RV Resort in La Pine, Oregon.  We chose this campground because we can stay here free using one of our camping memberships... Resorts of Distinction. 


We can stay at ROD campgrounds for free.  We have memberships in Passport America, RV On The Go, North American Camping Club, KOA and RV Adventures too.  We can camp for $9.00 per night up to one half off per night.  One of our projects is to keep track of the camping memberships that we use and the money we save using each one.

This stay at Cascade Meadows RV Resort saves us $154.00 for four nights of camping. 

No comments: