Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 6, 2012

My Transitions...

Eric and I didn't own antiques.  The one piece of furniture from my family that had any sentimental meaning was a chair I had restored and I gave it to Adam.

Our collections were pleasant, but after a few years, they found a new home in our attic.  For me, family photos, letters and cards were VERY important.  I spent close to five years scanning and then labeling all those photos, letters and cards.  Posting them to Photobucket.com allowed me to share lots of this with my extended family and they appreciate the effort.  Last summer, I split all this family history between our children, Adam and Diane.  It was hard to give up the family portraits dating back to 1900, but I did it.  Adam and Diane, are delighted to have what I selected for each of them, and to have access to the rest online.

Eric and I sold the only house we were living in when it went on the market.  Other houses we sold were rentals and I didn't have to neurotically clean each day, morning and night, in anticipation of a showing.  Thankfully, the house was under contract in eight days and Eric could stop tip toeing around, trying not to wrinkle anything, dirty anything, leave clutter anywhere.  I was thrilled to throw out my checklist for morning clean up.


No comments: