Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Elk & Bison Prairie @ The Land Between The Lakes in KY: What I Saw...





Eric & I drove to Elk & Bison
Prairie at the Land Between






This 700-acre enclosure has Elk and a herd of Bison.  We arrive around 8:30 am, well before the hottest part of the day in hopes of spotting the largest animals that live here.





Visitors are given clear instructions
on how to stay safe while driving
 the Loop Road at the Prairie.










These hollows are where the
Bison roll around for
Eric and I saw these depressions when we were driving North in British Columbia in 2014.  

Bison Tracks






Turkeys feed in the grass.













We carefully survey the pond.






Scanning the shaded woods...




I took these pictures at the
maximum range that my
camera can focus for
photos.





This is too small to be
a Bison.

Eric and I agree that I have pictures of Turkeys.






Another car "on the hunt"
for Elk & Bison.





Scanning open fields.






Turkeys cross the road.





They stop for shade beneath
a tree.







There are 700 acres for wildlife to roam at the Elk and Bison Prairie.  On the morning Eric and I visited the Elk and Bison were not moving near the roadway.  

No comments: