Total Pageviews

Monday, August 29, 2022

A Visit to Downtown Ashtabula, Ohio



Cars & trucks cross the Ashtabula River on the Bascule Lift Bridge.  

When the counterweight on the left goes down, the bridge deck rises to let boats continue on the river.




A Coast Guard Boat sits at anchor.  The Coast Guard patrols Lake Erie and the other four Great Lakes.







A shot of Eric & me
with the bridge.





The Ashtabula sign
& me.

This section of the river was home to several industries that polluted the waterway.  Following the adoption of the Clean WaterAct in 1972, this section of the Ashtabula River was dredged and toxic sediment was removed.  The reclaimed area is beautiful!

A walk along Bridge Street...






Eric & I like Ashtabula's early
20th century buildings.

The tower on the building on
 the left is stately.






I like the cornice work 
at the rooflines of the
buildings.












Eric takes a picture of
me walking along the
street, looking at
buildings.






The Ohio Clothing Company
Classic Finds
In The Harbor





Made in Ohio





Eric & me in front

No comments: