Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Biking Along Mission Bay in San Diego, California





Eric & I start our bike ride











This is beach living...










Eric & me with some
boats.

There are lots of boats
at Mission Bay









Beach parking for
sail boats









One of several Play Grounds
that Eric & I pass on our ride.




established in 1892
by women rowers.







We share the wide sidewalk
with pedestrians.











The colorful Mission
Beach sign






Rocks line a portion of
Mission Bay.











Eric & I leave waterside
in search of lunch.






Gabbiano Pizza has good
ratings on Yelp.com.








Refueled & rested, Eric & I
return to Mission Beach.




A man in a Cherry Picker
trims Palm Trees.




A reminder of the danger of
coastal living, the Tsunami
Evacuation Routes sign.



The Mission Beach Life
Guard Station reminds
me that fun in the sun
can come with danger
& injuries.





My next thought was of Baywatch TV Series.  Its California shooting locations include Pacific Palisades and Venice Beach.





I wonder if that's La Jolla
in the distance.





The pier looks inviting.







As we get closer, Eric and I see that it's lined with small houses.





A bird flies into my shot of
surfers in the distance.






Eric & I ride to Pacific Beach
Alehouse for brews.
We head out for Crown Point Park and our Jeep.






Catamarans sit on the beach.











Beach Volleyball








The map of our 11 mile
bike ride
















This is a beautiful place to ride bikes.  San Diego makes access to Mission Bay, and the beach, easy for its residents and visitors.

No comments: