Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Driving West to New Lyme, Ohio

 



Eric & I return to the Thruway...









... head west on Interstate 90.














This is a very interesting area in our state.  The Erie Canal Heritage Museum does a great job of detailing the construction of the Erie and its impact on 1800s travel and trade.  Eric and I, along with fellow Escapees Chapter 41 Members took a boat ride through several locks on the Erie Canal in Lockport.  The ride was wonderful and I really appreciate all the work that went into making the Mowhawk River navigatable.  





We pass two slow-moving
motorcycles.

(Usually motorcycles
pass us.)



The New York State Thruway Building

I always try to get a pic of the one
in Albany, but the angle is never
right...





We follow I 90 West.





I've never seen a "Gift Car"
in transit before.





Town of Hamburg Water Tower









Eric & I pass Grape Vines.

is known for its grapes & wines.




Welcome to Pennsylvania
pursue your happiness





Traffic has picked up as the
day wears on...




Water Tower















A Military Jet sits in a cemetery
surrounded by American Flags
that decorate the graves.




Sterrettania looks like a
 tough name to pronounce.

Presque Isle is French.
Its English translation is
almost isle.





I love taking pictures of cranes.




find it here.






The Speed Limit here is 
70 miles per hour.





We turn onto Ohio State Route 11 &
follow the signs toward Ashtabula.





Ashtabula County labels its
bridges.









An Amish Horse & Buggy sign

Eric & I alert for slow-moving
buggies.






The Village of Jefferson looks
like a nice place to visit.




Millbrook Outdoor Resort
is about seven miles 
south of the Village.












Eric & I are parked in the
Coast to Coast sites.

I was confused when we
arrived because this
section doesn't have
campsite numbers.




We are paying $10.00 per night for this spacious drive-through site.  The 50 amp voltage is OK...  108 to 118.  We have a water hook-up, but no sewer connection.  We will use the Dump Station when we leave.

No comments: