Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Changes in Jerry's Rotterdam, New York Neighborhood





This formerly foreclosed
house has been rehabbed
& looks great.








I'm happy to see this house
offered for sale.

Last year it had all the
tell tale signs of
abandonment.










This house needs roof work.





This house has been empty
for at least three years.
















I'm glad to see a new roof
is under construction.









I look forward to
seeing this house's
new porch.









I watched this house get 
gutted, re-roofed, re-sided
& get a new sidewalk
last year.



I hope the new owners will make many memories here.





Construction started on
this house in the fall of
2015 & was finished
 in 2016.











This was a big
surprise...






A hole developed in the
porch roof.





It's an unexpected, probably
unneeded skylight.











This house was
rehabbed last
year.











is now for sale.











Whoever buys it will have
to factor in the cost of
roof repair.











Even though the yard was
always mowed, I thought 
this house could be empty.





My hunch was confirmed 
when I saw all the boarded
up windows & a notice
taped on the door.
 Pursuant to Sections 1.1.2.7.4.1 of the Property and Maintenance Code of New York State
THIS STRUCTURE IS CONSIDERED UNSAFE FOR HUMAN OCCUPANCY
ONLY AUTHORIZED PERSONS ALLOWED TO ENTER
dated November 17, 2016





Shockingly, this this house
has an identical notice.

It is not safe to live in.






I see opportunities here.  Hopefully these homes can be saved.

It's springtime and I expect to see more home improvement projects starting soon.

No comments: