Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Contemporary Art at the American Museum of Art in Washington, D.C.






The Smithsonian American
Art Museum is our next
stop.
 Eric and I spent hours touring the Contemporary Art galleries.  Here are my favorite pieces.






Double Entry by






Preamble by
Mike Wilkins





The Figure 5 by

















The Friction Disappears
by James Rosenquist




Woman Eating by






The Wave by









Portrait of Mnonja by









Merce C by
Franz Kline
















The Rouge, Detroit, MI
by Andrew Moore is the
abandoned remains of
of Ford's Rouge Plant.





Eric ponders Henry Bartoia's
Sculpture Group Symbolizing
the World's Communication
in the Atomic Age.






Electronic Highway: Continental
US, Alaska & Hawaii by

























Drag-on by







I get the allusion to an undulating dragon, but when I look at this painting, I see Lombard Street in San Francisco.

No comments: