Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

The National Gallery of Art West Building in Washington, D.C.

Eric and I return to Washington, D.C. regularly to visit the city's many museums.






Today Eric & I visit the National


Eric and I strolled around the galleries and shared our favorite spent time talking about our favorite pieces in each room.  This brief post is my attempt to share just our favorite works of art in this building.




around 1387








Madonna & Child in Marble
carved by an anonymous
 sculptor around 1460












I an sooo excited to see a work by Leonardo Da Vinci....





around 1478












painted around 1720






The comic in white reminds me of the HBO series, The Leftovers.






Philippe Van Loo, painted in 1764







I was fascinated to see a soap bubble in a painting in a museum.





Bartolome Sureda y Miserol
by Francisco de Goya
painted in 1803 - 1804






Midnight, painted by J.M.W.
Turner in 1835










painted in 1840
















painted in 1857









painted in 1876















panted in 1883




























painted 1890 - 1892





painted in 1895 - 1896









patinated plaster by
created in 1901









painted around 1901














Childe Hassam, painted
in 1917











Next stop... the National Gallery East Building for Modern Art and Contemporary Art.

No comments: