Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 11, 2017

A Late Lunch at HawgWash BBQ Joint in Palatka, Florida

After walking the vendors area on St. Johns Avenue and admiring cars and trucks at the Antique Car Show at Riverfront Park, it's time for lunch.




conveniently located near
I am fascinated by the two sets of stairways that lead to the second floor.  Did this former Elks Club building have separate staircases for men and women?






Eric & I chose to eat
in the bar.







I like the extremely large toolbox adjacent to the dining area.





Hawgwash BBQ Joint
has a stage for
entertainment.






The Elk etched into the
bar's mirror reminds me
of the building's former
use.










I chose a BBQ Pork Sandwich,
with the Brioche Bun on the
with Potato Salad.







The BBQPork is smoky and dry, just the way I like it.  I sample Hawgwash's BBQ Sauces before lightly applying my favorite to my Pork.  None of that dripping with barbecue sauce pulled Pork for me!  The Potato Salad is topped with bacon... Yum!

Eric's BBQ Beef Brisket is amazing!  He said the Broccoli Salad and Baked Beans are very good. We both agree that Hogwash BBQ Joint is on our list of recommended barbecue restaurants.

No comments: