Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 9, 2017

The 1963 Studebaker Avanti: My Favorite at the Antique Car Show in Palatka






I was unable to identify
the manufacturer of

Eric said, "It's a Studebaker."  I disagreed...  The Studebakers I've seen have rounded hoods and rounded rear fenders.  When I think of this manufacturer, I think of stubby cars, not this sleek looking vehicle.






The debate raged as we
circled the Avanti.







Eric is sooo right and I am sooo wrong.






The Avanti is a Studebaker
product, with a fiberglass
body.






Our debate moves on to.... Where is the engine compartment?  Eric believes the Avanti has a rear engine, but there are no vents for air circulation around the motor.






I walk back to the front 
of the car & bend down.







There's the air intake, beneath the Avanti's itsy bitsy, almost nonexistent bumper.

No comments: