Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Grocery Shopping at Kennie's Market in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania

The fruit bowl in the kitchen is empty.  The vegetable bin in the refrigerator is empty.  The larder is almost bare.  It's time to go grocery shopping.

Eric punched in "groceries" into the GPS and got a list of stores in the area.  The closest grocery store is Kennie's Market.  I think it's a small corner store.  And, I'm wrong.






Kennie's Market is a
good-size supermarket.








Eric is looking for Morningstar Crumbles.  This soy meat substitute is often not available in smaller supermarkets.  I bet Eric $1.00 that Kennie's Market won't have Crumbles.







Kennie's Market is
employee owned.

I want to find out what
Kennie's Market is
all about.












Fresh Fruits &
Vegetables













Fresh Flowers &
Plants






I got a Preferred 

We'll be saving on our
groceries today...






After I give Eric the discount card, I can walk around and take more pictures of the store.






Coffee & Pastries...

A winning combination












Kennie's Market has
a great selection of
gourmet cheeses.






Eric found the Morningside Crumbles he had been looking for.  I paid off my wager with a wrinkled a dollar bill.







Meat & Seafood







The Bulk Foods
Aisle












Condiments, Pickles,
Salad Dressings











The Candy Aisle

My favorite aisle












Energy Bars,  Ensure,
Glucerna...

Special K makes a
protein drink too.















Gluten Free Foods















Paper Goods, Outdoor Bug
Sprays, Campfire &
Barbecue Necessities,
Canning Jars, Pectin









Canned Vegetables













The Health & Beauty
Aisle






The Pet Food Aisle








Greeting Cards 













Juices









Frozen Foods 














Check Outs







Eric bought everything on his shopping list.  I was busy taking pictures and left him alone. Eric likes that.  I'm like the impatient seven year old who just can't figure out why she's in a grocery store. Everything else is more fun than shopping for soy meat substitute.

No comments: