Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 23, 2015

The House on Caroline Avenue in Rotterdam, New York

During our visit to Rotterdam last fall, I watched the construction of a ranch style home on Caroline Avenue.  Every time I walked past this house, there was something new to see.

One day, in early October, the house was being framed.   The next time I walked past the house, the walls were enclosed.  Then, the house was enclosed in a Tyvek "wrapper."  The roof was put on. Doors and windows were installed.  The concrete floor of the garage was poured and the driveway paved.  Heating and electric contractors worked inside the house. It was sided.  Eric and I left on December 1, 2014, just after the garage door was installed.

On my first full day back in Rotterdam, I walked to Caroline Street to see what's going on at the new house.

The front & garage doors has been painted.
People are living here now.

I hope they enjoy their new home.

No comments: