Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Fish Dinners at the 57 Diner in Unadilla, Georgia







Eric & I went to the 57 Diner
for fish dinners.






The 57 Diner is "lost"
in the fifty's.






Elvis serenades
the diners.






very poplar in the 1950s.






There are still some drive in style restaurants with wait staff on roller skates delivering food to diners' cars







Jukeboxes play tunes
at the booths.













Eric admires the
Pinball Machine.


Our dinners arrive...






Eric's dinner is: Fried Catfish Fillets,
French Fries & the Cole Slaw
is covered.







Somewhere in there are Hush Puppies.




My dinner:  The Fried Shrimp
are peeking out from among
the French Fries.

My Hush Puppies are near at
hand & I didn't uncover my
Cole Slaw at the start of
my meal.




Dinner was great!  The 57 Diner is a family run operation.  Dad works in the kitchen.  Mom supervises the dining areas and greets guests.  Their daughters are everywhere, serving food, refreshing drinks and cracking wise with each other.  It's an enjoyable dinner show.

No comments: