Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

The 1977 Ford Ranchero in Palatka, Florida

Walmart isn't just about shopping....  It's about ogling old trucks.  I didn't know that Ford made a sleek truck as a sales rival the Chevrolet El Camino.  Ooops, I've got that chronology backwards.

Ford manufactured The Ranchero Utility Truck in 1957 - 1979.  Chevrolet responded with the El Camino in 1959 - 1960 and 1964 - 1987.






This 1977 Coupe Utility 
Truck with the amazingly
long hood caught my eye.





A family of four could picnic on
 the hood of this Ranchero.






And the family dog too...








There's the Utility Truck
end the Ranchero.







I was a toddler when Ford launched its Ranchero line of trucks in 1957 and Chevrolet  responded with the  El Camino in 1959.  I was way to young to take notice of their innovations.

1964 was a big year for me...  The Beatles came to America and I saw my first 1964 El Camino.
I don't know if it was the name, the marketing etc., but my youthful memories don't include the Ranchero.  Somehow, the El Camino burrowed its way into the timeline of my youth.  

No comments: