Total Pageviews

Monday, December 12, 2016

That's Some Cattle! East of Palatka, Florida

Eric and I are used to seeing cattle in New York State.  We got used to seeing Longhorn Cattle when we were in Texas in 2013.  But...






... these cows, & bulls are
definitely a different
breed.






Those horns are huge, and unlike anything Eric or I have seen before.  I need the internet to find out the name of this breed and where it comes from.






from Africa.







The very long, upturned horns help regulate the animal's body temperature in Africa's hot climate. Blood flows through the horns and is cooled by the surrounding air before returning to the hide-covered body.  This sounds like a bovine radiator to me.

The Ankole-Watusi are a great example of what I love about travel.  The unknown is available to be explored, at any moment.  I love learning and travel provides many, many opportunities.

No comments: