Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 10, 2016

We're on the Road Again... Southwest to Harrisburg, Pennsylvania






Eric & I start our trip south
to Pennsylvania in the rain.







This often traveled route looks and feels very different today.






The mountains in the Schoharie
Valley are cloaked in fog.





Interstate 88 looks like it is
threading its way through
an eerie landscape.










I expect to see a Yeti or a troop
 Wizard, making their way
down the mountainside.






The fog lifts & green fields
appear....





above the mountains.







Because this cell tower is so tall there's no need to disguise it.  Everyone knows what it is.






The westbound detour
through Binghamton
is still effect.







The Interstate 88 and Interstate 81 Interchange in this city is a multi-year project.






We continue south onto
Interstate 81.











Eric & I cross into 
Pennsylvania.













...manufactures liquid
& solid sweeteners.











Eric & I leave the highway
for a stop at Flying J.

Burning Bush Petroleum....

... makes me a bit
nervous.

 



Eric & I fill our propane
tank at $2.29 per gallon.

It's a good price.










And, we top off the diesel
tank in our motorhome.












Wilkes-Barre spreads
out below us.




brings us into Harrisburg.

















Eric & I are spending the
night at Walmart in
Harrisburg.






Two years ago, I visited Weis Markets and Aldi in 2012, the last time we stayed in Harrisburg.

No comments: