Total Pageviews

Friday, October 16, 2015

Farmington, New Mexico's Eye Catching Signs

When Eric and I arrive in a new town or city, I never know what feature(s) will catch
my eye. Business signs across the City of Farmingham were eye catching, engaging 
and made me think...





Restaurant's  sign makes
me think of the cafeterias
of the 1930s & 1940s.














Pancake Alley conjures
an interesting visual....





Fresh For Less

I grew up with this
style business sign
in the 1960s.












stands atop Sun














The large sign, even blank
as it is now, reminds me of
The Jetsons in the 1960s.

Archives is listed on the
smaller sign.

I wonder what is being
archived.








Atomic Signs...
Neon...
All Kinds of Signs

started on August 6, 1945,









The Guys 'N Gals sign
catches my eye.

Shop promises same day
 service.











Wallace Furniture is now
Novelty's Q-Tee.














Mister Muffler
Brake Shop...

Honest with Integrity
at Fair Prices

 fish, is an unexpected
addition to a business sign.







A smiling face welcomes
customers to













Vectra Bank!!!

Eric & I are living in
a Winnebago Vectra
 motorhome .

I will be watching for
Vectra Bank signs as we
travel in the Southwest.





The history of business signs from the mid 1900s on is on display in Farmington, 

1 comment:

Merikay said...

I would never trust a place that has to advertise they are Christians. The only company that ripped me off in 40 years of doing business as an artist was one who touted their Christian values in all their promotional material.

Fun signs none the less.