Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Walking Around the Bellevue Neighborhood in Schenectady, New York

Daily walks in Jerry's neighborhood have led to boredom....  Today, I am walking in the Bellevue neighborhood of Schenectady.

Schenectady was founded in 1661 by the Dutch.  The Stockade, located in downtown is the oldest section of the city.





Bellevue is one of Schenectady's
newer neighborhoods.














Dom Gallo Florist is
Eric's favorite place
to go for flowers.









This former church will be
torn down & replaced with
 







I think the new Stewart's
will replace this one with
just one gas pump.








The sidewalk rises up
to meet me.











While looking at the businesses and homes I pass, I stumble three times in five minutes.  I think I'll return from this walk with scrapped knees.




A jogger runs past me
on my early morning
walk.











I want to spend time looking up at my surroundings, not down at the sidewalk.




This house has solar panels
& the porch is under
renovation.





The sidewalk heaves at the edges.  Maybe, if I step on every crack in the sidewalk, 
I won't stumble.





Vince Riggi has great
City Council
campaign signs.





I like this house with
bunting in the
windows.




I've been stepping on every crack and breaking my mother's back.  It's a lumpy walk, but haven't stumbled once since I started purposely walking on the edges of pavement that heave and buckle.





This is a great looking
motorcycle.




My favorite house on
Campbell Avenue is
guarded by lions.









is in beautiful condition.







Repairs are being made to
 the pavement around
 a storm drain.




Bellevue Farmers Market
is on Thursdays from
4:00 pm to 7:00 pm.









house was rehabbed
in 2013.







It has been decorated for fall.




I finished my walk in
Bellevue without
scrapping up my
knees.










My system worked!

No comments: