Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Lunch with Anna at Gabriel's Gate in Downtown Buffalo, New York

When I asked Anna out for lunch, I also asked her to select the restaurant.





She chose Gabriel's Gate
in the Allentown neighborhood
of Buffalo.







Gabriel's Gate is in one of the original Italianate Styled Tift Row Houses.  This one was built in 1864.






I like the eclectic
interior.





The Bar




Mounted animals remind
me of our trip to Alaska,
where these displays are
everywhere...









The Patio is in
the back.














It has a cozy, unused
feel at 12:00 pm.

I like the rough stone
fireplace.









Enough with the photographic tour!  Let's get to lunch and our visit.





We start out with a 
toast to Anna.

She works for the very
talented singer &
songwriter Ani DiFranco.











Gabriel's Gate is one of Anna's favorite lunch spots.  She recommends their Buffalo Wings.






Here's Eric's large
order of wings.












I got a dozen wings.







The wings and accompanying French Fries were excellent!  I would definitely return here for lunch.  Note to self,,,, One order of French Fries is enough for two hungry adults,

Anna tells us of the work she does for Ani.  She has a busy schedule and I'm happy that she had time for lunch and a visit.

It's time to get Anna back to work.  She promised us a tour of Babeville, the unique multi-purpose venue in downtown Buffalo.

No comments: