Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Total Eclipse in Uvalde, Texas on 04/08/2024

Fellow RVers at Chalk Bluff RV Resort are preparing to view the Total Eclipse.  Here's a link to the Phases of the Eclipse.






Cameras, Telescopes, & Solar
Binoculars are aimed at the
spot in the sky where the
Sun is hiding.
 
 
 
 
 

 
Our Solar Viewing Equipment:
 




A Card with Holes in it for 
watching the shadow of the 
Eclipse on the ground.
A Cereal Box with Welder's
Glass
My Camera with a Solar Filter
Eclipse Glasses







 
Kathy set up our Eclipse Lunch
with decorations &
Guinness Extra Stout Beer.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Eric, Kathy, Dave and I enjoy Round Peanut Butter Sandwiches, Eclipse Oreos, Star Crunch Sandwiches, and Beer throughout the Eclipse.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Eclipse Wine with glasses
to toast the Event.
 
Deep Sky Vineyards
2020 Syrah/Malbec/Grenache
 
 





 
At 12:12 pm we search 
the sky. 







 
I pulled out my other camera, without a filter to take pictures.







I was so excited to get
this shot!










Around the time of the
Diamond Ring.







The Sun starts to reappear.

























Most of the Sun, behind
clouds.






 
 
When I the sky was very bright, I took pictures with my Solar Filter Lens covered camera.
 



 
This Crescent shows the Moon's
path away from the Sun.


 

 

 

Totality & the Diamond Ring have occurred.  

 





 
The Moon continues on its path
&the Sun begins to emerge.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
Clouds partially obscure the
growing image of the Sun.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The Moon's path allows us
to see more of the Sun.











The last image I took with 
my filtered camera.








Today's Eclipse was amazing!  We were able to enjoy the Eclipse through the fast moving clouds and in bright sunlight.

The next total Eclipse is August 2, 2027 across Southern Spain, North Africa, Saudi Arabia, and Yemen.

No comments: