Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Visiting Friends in Atlanta, Georgia




Our friend, Jim takes Eric &
 I to the Crazy Cuban.











This is the place to go in Atlanta 
for Cuban Sandwiches.





We get Plantain Chips to go with our sandwiches.








I like the eclectic mix of
artwork here.



  





Visit Cuba

Ole!










Jim & Eric went to High School
together.

They "pun it up" & reminisce;
I listen & laugh...






Los Cubanos es muy buenos!  






Eric & I join Jim & Gina
for Imagine Picasso The








Our selfie with Pablo Picasso








This is the first Immersive Exhibit Eric and I have attended.  I'm grateful for the brief Picasso biography and the small-scale displays of the paintings that we will see in the large exhibit room.   The artist's evolving philosophy of art and European upheavals influenced Picasso's 70-plus-year career.  

At the end of the introductory section, I am ready to experience Pablo Picasso's paintings on a large scale.






was painted in Paris,
1905-06.







1905





The sky of Bacchanale, 1959
is folded & presented as 
origami.








painted in Paris, 1907













I struggle to identify every one of the paintings I am sharing.







Cubism, anyone...





Is this face sinister, or knowing?







Eric & Jim with the
master's art







The four of us wander the large space.  Eventually, we meet and head for the exit.







Jim pauses to catch Pablo's
cigarette ash.








We drive to Fox Brothers BBQ for dinner...





Jim & Gina introduced us to
the Brothers' amazing food
in 2017.

Each time Eric & I visit we
ask to return to Fox Brothers.






There are so many choices. Here's mine...












I love visiting Jim and Gina.  Our conversations are far-ranging and fun!  Too soon, it's time to say goodbye.  Until our next visit...

No comments: