Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 25, 2016

My Birthday Dinner at Yono's Restaurant in Albany, New York





Jerry took this picture of
Eric & me before we
left for dinner.




Eric chose Yono's Restaurant
for my sixtieth birthday
dinner.






Yono's Restaurant is owned by Chef Yono Purnomo.  He and the staff provide the Capital Region with world class American cuisine with Indonesian influences.  Master Sommelier, Dominick Purnomo, built an exceptional wine inventory at Yono's and creates pairings that delight diners.  





Eric & I have personalized
menus....










Eric selected a flower
arrangement for our
table.





We were given complimentary glasses of sparkling wine to celebrate my special day.  





Eric & I are seated at a
corner table in a quiet
room for our intimate
dinner.










Eric & his glass of
Sparkling Wine.















Eric and I are enjoying The Chef's Grand Tasting Menu tonight.  We are enjoying eight courses, with selected beverages.  Here are just four courses....






Frisee & Hearts of 
Palm Salad 






This course is paired with Dr. Konstantin Frank's 2015 Gruner Veltliner.











This course is paired with  2007 Chateau Vignot Grand Cru from the Saint-Emilion in the Bordeaux Region of France




The Adirondack Co.
Old Fashioned 
Cheddar Plate with
Homemade Pretzel
Chips, Nuts &
Spicy Mustard.




This course is paired with SingleCut Beersmith's Half-Staff IPA Beer.




Me with my Lemon
paired with the 2008 





Eric and I agreed that this evening's meal is exquisitely prepared and presented.  This is fine dining at it's best and an amazing way to celebrate my Big 6 - 0.

*****Update: Yono's has been included in Open Table's National Top 100 Places to Dine!  Here's the link for Yono's and the other 12 New York restaurants on the list.

1 comment:

Kathy Scranton said...

You guys clean up nice! What a great birthday dinner!