Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 14, 2016

What's on Tap... at The Bier Abbey in Schenectady, New York






Eric & I went to The Bier Abbey to
explore their craft beer offerings.











The front dining area has
a stained glass "window"
mounted above the
fireplace.






I like the old fashioned
wood bar & back bar.





Our bartender, Jaime, is a beer connoisseur and works to match each of us with beers that we 
will like.



Eric ordered AleSmith's





Nitrogen is used in the carbonation process of this beer.  This gas produces a creamier beer with a thicker beer head, producing a rich, smooth beer.

I took my beer with me as I looked around the rest of The Abbey. 





Pews are used for
booth seating.




Framed beer posters
decorate the walls.








Elevated seating rings
three of the walls in
the back room.








Seating for larger groups
is on the lower level.












Groups can watch presentations on the screen at the back of this unique room.

Eric enjoyed his Speedway Imperial Stout.  My Milk Stout Nitro was excellent.  We promised Jaime that we'd return to try other beers.

I don't know if we will be able to return to the Bier Abbey.  It was seized by New York State for failure to pay hundreds of thousands in sales taxes.

No comments: