Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Touring the Toledo Museum of Art





 stands in front of the Toledo











Fresh flowers are a gift in
perpetuity from Helen H.
& Gregor K. Emmert, Sr.

Shell (fountain figure)
From France, circa 1700






I was given a copy of American Art: The World's Greatest Art by Mike O'Mahoney in 2008.  Once a year, I flip through this book and marvel at the works of great artists,  While I walk through the galleries, I look for artists' works that I have read about.






Untitled, Painted in 1960














One of many versions of
The Death Chamber
Sterbezimmer
by Edvard Munch.









When I entered the gallery,
saw the vibrant colors &
informal composition, I
 knew I was looking at a
work by Henri Matisse.











From across the room, Eric
pointed out this Picasso...

Woman in a Black Hat












It's not all about oversize
comic book strips...

Bull Profile Series by
Roy Lichtenstein









Brown Sail, Wing & Wing, Nassau











I am introduced to the works of many other artists.  These are my favorites:







 This Mixed Media Sculpture
honors the German sculptor,











Three Photos from Ten Dye
Transfer Photographs:
Cutting the Card Quickly!
.30 Bullet Piercing an Apple
Bullet Through Banana







The Party by Marisol Escobar,
is a study of feeling alone
in a crowded room.

















Villas for Marionettes

































Eric spends time exploring interactive art.





Musical tones are emitted as Eric
walks beneath the handmade
glass & origami installation,
 Pinaree Sanpitak,









Eric & Edith Dekyndt's
helium filled
  Ground Control.










We like the interactive installations here at the Toledo Museum of Art.  There are also areas for children to interact with art.






My favorite is Play Time.















Climb in the netting or
swing on one of the
suspended balls in this
large room.






There's so much more to see at the Toledo Museum of Art.  If you're in the area, plan a entire day to visit the amazing collections here.

No comments: