Total Pageviews

Friday, January 30, 2015

Riding the Georgia Coast Rail Trail in Woodbine, Georgia






Eric & I are riding on one
of the two Georgia Coast
Rail Trails in Woodbine.








This section of the trail
 was the old, unpaved







The Jackie Walls
Memorial Pavilion






I don't expect to see
Roses in late January.















Eric & I see birdhouses
as we ride.









The railroad came to Woodbine in 1894.  The bike trail now follows the railroad bed.







I imagine a stream train
running through the
center of town.






Woodbine Masonic Lodge
No. 326












This is the house for me on
 this now quiet street.













I wonder if this was a
rail side warehouse.










Eric found the Restrooms.

I think they are newly
built.











This section of the trail
is curvilinear.













The bike trail runs straight
 in this forested area.












Eric spooked a Vulture near
this junkyard.











The entrance to the












Eric waits for me at the 
end of the trail.


 After some water, I'm ready to head back to the Jeep at Satilla River Waterfront Park.

No comments: