Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Our Drive Into Jekyll Island... This Time I Know What To Look For

Dave, Kathy, Eric and I are camped ten minutes from Jekyll Island at Coastal Georgia RV Resort. During yesterday's drive to Jekyll Island's Guest Information Center, I found great scenes, just a little too late.  Now that I know where things are, I got some beautiful
pictures to share.






We look off to the right &
see houses on the edge of
the saltwater marsh.







There are stretches of boardwalk
to bring residents to their homes.







This scene reminds me of the Tammy and the Bachelor with Debbie Reynolds as Tammy.






The Sidney Lanier Bridge
is a cable-stayed suspension
bridge.







The bridge is supported by the two towers that are strung with cables.  The cables are connected directly to the bridge decking.





Gatehouses make a statement:

You're entering a very
special place.













Rows of Palm Trees grace the
 approach to Jekyll Island.






Today's touring plans....  The Georgia Sea Turtle Center and the Jekyll Island Museum.

No comments: