Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Doing Laundry on a Cold, Rainy Day

Doing laundry on a sunny day is a breeze.  I wash a load, divide it in half.  One half dries in the Splendide Washer/Dryer and the other half dries on my laundry rack outside.  Today it's cold and rainy.  The second half of the wash will be drying on the laundry rack, but where to put it where it won't be in the way?






My Splendide washes & dries
in the same unit.

I loaded up the washing machine
and now it's ready for the dry cycle.


I can select the length of the dryer
cycle, up to two hours.








I pulled out about half of the
laundry load & hung it on my
drying rack on top of the bed. 

I use a timer for items in the dryer, remove the
dry laundry & replace with damp laundry
 to maximize use of the dryer cycle.

Trial & error helped me determine the amount
 of time needed to dry sheets, jeans, etc.

The timer goes back on for 
the second batch in the dryer.

Over dried laundry is a 
wrinkled mess!


The entire load of laundry dried in 90 minutes of dryer cycle time.  Placing the laundry rack on top of the bed took advantage of space that neither Eric nor I will miss as we go 
about our day.

No comments: