Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 27, 2021

A Week @ Kofa Ko-op in Yuma, Arizona

 



Eric & I are spending a week at Kofa Ko-op in Yuma, Arizona.






Kofa Ko-op is an Escapees Affiliated Campground.

Escapees are welcome to stay while in the area.  





Eric and I toured this Campground in 2013 and added it to our list of places to stay in Southwest Arizona.  






The Ocotillo, next to the
Swimming Pool is starting
to bloom.





A closer look at the top of
the Ocotillo...

These red flowers assure
me that Spring is on
the way.







We are staying in the Dry Camp Area.

Solar Panels charge our House Batteries.

Full Water Tanks - 100 gallons
Empty Black Tank - 55 gallons







We are parked next to one of
several small gardens.

Hummingbirds roost in the
tree & dine at our feeder.







I like the decorations on
the exterior Sun Screen on
 the front of this Trailer.









One of two awnings that shades
the lot owner's RV.

The small building to the left is






They are used for extra living space or for storage    
                                                                                                                                                                                    





Tilted Solar Panels are tilted
on this motorhome.











Most of the gardens are
in depressions, where 
runoff drains after 
it rains.





Gnome sighting!










The arched wrought iron
porch decorations remind





This Trailer has a large addition.





This is the loveliest Casita 
at the Park.





Oooh...

A car to admire.

Loyal, the proud owner of this Mitsuoka Le-Seyde, tells Eric and me about this special production car.  Just 500 were made.  Most of them were sold in England and Japan.





Loyal lets me "slide in"
behind the wheel of this
right-hand drive car.





Eric gets this shot
of me behind
the wheel.






During my morning walk I discovered a new car in front of Loyal's home.  He said. "I want to show you something."







Loyal pushed a button &
the hardtop roof starts
to retract.  














I had no idea that 1959 cars








These photos were taken in the late afternoon.  The lighting is direct and the color of the car appears to change...






The passenger side of the car.



The front end

The hood is 1950s huge...




I admire the lines of
this 62 year old car.









This shot shows the very
long trunk, with space
for its retracted hardtop.





The rear end is 
sleek looking.






Loyal told me of local Car Shows scheduled in March. 

No comments: