Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 20, 2016

The Sonoran Desert in Western Arizona Becomes More Colorful

While offroading a couple of weeks ago, Candice, Darrell, Eric and I found colorful flowers in the Sonoran Desert.  Spring continues to bloom in Western Arizona.












The desert erupts into shades of yellow.

blooming.











Their tiny yellow flowers
remind me of stars.










The taller, Palo Verde 
Trees are flowering...

Tiny yellow booms













This Palo Verde Tree is just
starting to flower.

The branches of this tree are
green with chlorophyll.












More small yellow
flowers....

This is Brittlebush.






This flowering plant grows
at the side of the road.












I think it's Coulter's Globe Mallow.






Its flowers look like
tiny Poppies.








I'm glad that Eric and I stayed in Quartzsite long enough to see the desert bloom.

No comments: