Total Pageviews

Monday, August 26, 2013

Ontario Science Centre in Toronto, Ontario

It's a rainy Monday here in the greater Toronto area and Eric drove to the Ontario Science Centre is on Don Mills Road, as it is no where near downtown train connections.  Adam joined us last night for a week in Toronto. As we love museums, the Ontario Science Centre is on the top of our list places to visit this week.

Rainy days bring crowds to Toronto's indoor venues.  There was a line just to get into the museum's parking lots....  I found this to be daunting, but Eric forged ahead.  I told the young man at the gate that I have a broken ankle and was concerned about parking.  He directed us to the drop off area in front of the Science Centre building.  Eric parked the car and joined Adam and me.








A biplane greeted us!






I got in the short line for tickets because of my crutches.  (I had decided to forgo the wheel chair and use crutches in the Science Centre.  It can't be as large as the ROM.)  I found an employee and told her that I had Toronto City Passes (we are getting a discount for getting tickets to multiple Toronto attractions.) and wanted to get Science Centre tickets.








I was amazed my the
diameter of the this tree.







The Ontario Science Centre
has a bonus for gamers....

An exhibit devoted to the
history of gaming.







Here are Adam's choices of game consoles for the blog.








Magnavox Odyssey...
first gaming system
1972










Nintendo Family Computer
1983



The Ontario Science Centre lists
its floors backwards...the higher 
number floors are below ground.



The Ontario Science Centre is a hands on museum built specifically for children.  Eric, Adam and I had a nice time there, but it's clear that this museum is a day trip for children and those who love them.

No comments: