Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 29, 2018

Flying Solo to Western Illinois: Chicago Midway International to St. Louis Lambert International




Our plane landed at Chicago
Midway International Airport
& I walk down a long corridor
to the Terminal.





This Airport is built next to
a highway.




Stock up on snacks &
beverages on your
way to your Gate.







I stopped to look at
my Boarding Pass.

I am looking for
Gate A 15.




Pizza Vino has a menu
for morning diners.





I found Dunkin Donuts during
my walk to Concourse A.










Hudson News has books,
magazines, cards, etc.
for travelers.










I am happy to see bathroom
stalls that are secure.







One of my concerns was having my carry on bag stolen while I was in the Rest Room.  That isn't an issue at this Airport.





I struck up a conversation with
our Airline Pilot while waiting
at Gate A 15 for the plane
to depart.





Our conversation was wide ranging.  I learned about the Airline Industry's on-site screening of passengers for serious health issues.  There is a dedicated Health Line that Airlines connect to for final decision making allowing or denying a passenger with a suspected serious health condition to board a plane.  Commercial Airplanes have very little in the way of First Aid Equipment that can help during a major mid-flight health crisis.  And, there is no guarantee that a healthcare professional will be aboard a plane when a passenger is in desperate need of assistance.










I got a window seat for this leg of my journey & took lots of photos. 





The shadow of the wing as we
leave the ground.




Chicago recedes into
the distance.




We are between layers
of clouds.




As we descend, I spot a race
track in western Illinois,
center right of the picture. 






I wonder if it's the Belle-Clair Speedway










We descend over St. Louis.





The Aileron is extended as our
descendant continues above  the
rural area northwest of St. Louis.






The Spoiler is up & the
Aileron remains
extended for landing.






I was surprised to be asked to stay aboard the plane for a few minutes.





Our pilot allowed me to sit in
the cockpit & took a few
photos.






Thank you for the interesting conversation, safe flight and photos.

No comments: